Sunday, December 7, 2008

"The Beginning of A New Day"


Those of you that have been reading this site are well aware that I had surgery again on Oct 8. Things did not go as smoothly as we had hoped. This is the reason I have not posted anything recently. However, to those of you that have sent emails...I have read each and every one.


I wish I could say that physically things are looking up...but they are not. There are still times I cannot sleep due to discomfort. As soon as I get recovered enough, I need to return to the neurosurgeon to look further into the brain lesions that were discovered. Yet, within these last two days the Lord has done a new thing for me. Even now thinking about it...I am filled with delight.


There have been a few Christian sisters He has brought across my path. Just as the title of this post..."The Beginning of A New Day"...having these ladies in my life is that new day!


Many of the emails I've received have asked numerous questions. After carefully reading all the emails I've discovered that all questions have already been answered within the many posts I've done on this site. I encourage you to take your time and read through them.


I'm currently working within state government to try and change how funds are allocated between the counties regarding obtaining more help for domestic violence victims. This seems to be a long process as there are many hoops to jump through. Rest assured that although the fight is long the women behind this cause are very strong and determined.


There is still a need for your prayer support for the health issues of which I'm struggling. Rarely am I even able to leave my home...when I do, it is only for short periods of time. However, whenever I am able to get out I am thrilled. The fresh snow on the ground...the way the snow hugs the trees and bushes is absolutely gorgeous. Plus, the way the scent of the pine trees in winter is wonderful! Today, I saw two cardinals. This surprised me as I thought they headed south for winter...obviously I was wrong.


This post is shorter than usual, but I am only able to be up for short periods of time. Be reminded there is an army of women that are praying for you. Don't take chances with your safety...there is help available. Use the resources I have listed on this site. I wish I could (((hug))) each one of you.


Kindest Regards,


Kathryn










5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've missed you. and was worried when you were gond for so long. my husband fractured my arm. while i was being examined by the doctor, he asked my husband to step out. he then asked me if the reason i gave for the fracture was true. i told him how it happened. he called the police and i am now in a shelter and am not going back. i'm so glad that doctor asked him to step out otherwise i'd have to go back to that hell house

thank you kathyrn for always being that source of hope.

Maggie
from wyoming

Kathryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathryn said...

Maggie...

I was overjoyed when I found out you are now safe! I can only imagine how your abuser felt when the police showed up (actually, when I read what you'd written...I laughed...serves him right) Yet, the peace that surely flooded over you must have felt overwhelming.

Keep me informed how things are progressing for you.

Kindest Regards,

Kathryn

Anonymous said...

Hello Kathryn,
I just came across you blog and did a little reading. I too am a domestic violence survivor and have been free from that life for about 5 years now. I am remarried to a wonderful Christian man.
I have read about the difficulties you are having with your health and my prayers are with you!!!
Jamey

Feathers said...

You are quite courageous, me am a mess :) although people say have inner strength......admire that through all the illness you are working on what you said. ps linked to your other post hope you do not mind, just thought it was so good, have been there and just pulling out of it, just to say.